Field Stone - Midnight
Mountain View Stone field stone midnight is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Mountain View Stone field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
- American made: high quality stone veneer, made in the USA.
- Premium manufacturing: to ensure you get the best stone veneer, Mountain View Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Color Lock technology: the stone face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application options: suitable for interior and exterior installations, and residential or commercial applications.
- Try before you buy: samples are available on all of our stone veneer products.
- Strong hold grip: grooves are raked onto the back of every stone ensuring a durable, lasting installation.
- Engineered to endure: stone veneer manufactured to last, we back it up with our 50 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- Commercially rated: no job is too big or too small, our stone veneer is great for any and all commercial and business properties.
- Reviews from real customers: don't take our word for it, see what our customers have to say about Mountain View Stone.
Samples are available on all of our field stone veneer products.
Stone flat dimensions:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
Mountain View Stone field stone is produced by combining Portland cement, lightweight aggregate, and iron oxide mineral colors.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. For more information on installation, please see our full installation instructions. Have a question about installation? Contact us
Have a question ? Contact us
Questions & AnswersAsk a question
Hi! We are building a few retaining walls on our property and are looking at using your veneers on a cinder block wall. We are interested in the hackett style. I was thinking we could use the field stone as a wall cap, but I noticed that it does not come in all the colors that hackett does. I am going to be ordering some samples but wanted to ask if the field stone might be available by custom order in some other colors before I made a decision. The 4 colors I am looking at are kona and midnight, which I saw are available in field stone, and buck mountain and granite, which are not. Thanks so much for your help!
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. We can produce field stone in any of the colors we offer. If you decide to use it field stone as a capstone, we recommend using a concrete sealer as our stone veneer is intended to be installed vertically. A concrete sealer is not required, however, sealing with a concrete sealer will add protection especially over the mortar joints. Please keep in mind that different concrete sealers will affect the appearance of the stone veneer. A matte (or flat) finish will have little to know impact to the finished look of the stone veneer whereas a gloss finish will darken the stone veneer and have a wet look. We recommend testing your concrete sealer on a piece of stone veneer that has not been installed to ensure you are happy with the finished appearance after applying concrete sealer. We offer capstones in various sizes that work great for this application. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we can provide you more information on our capstones. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
What do you recommend for an adhesive for the rock going on exterior block work of house? What would you recommend for interior install over rock board on fireplace?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our installation instructions can be downloaded at https://mountainviewstone.net/pages/post-purchase-support. For the surface prep, which is the most important step, you will need to install a moisture barrier and then install wire lath over that. Make sure the nails or screws for wire lath hit studs to ensure a good foundation. Your scratch coat goes over the wire lath and then the stone veneer. We recommend our stone veneer and brick veneer be installed with Type S mortar. Mortar is recommended for installation opposed to an adhesive as mortar is cheaper than adhesive, and when installing with an adhesive you must hold the stone in place until the adhesive sets which really slows down installation time, whereas mortar instantly holds. Please let us know if you have any more questions.