Field Stone - Midnight
Field stone is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
Stone Flat Dimensions:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
$4.09 per sq. ft. for 150 sq. ft. bulk crate
$4.39 per sq. ft. for 10 sq. ft. box
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
$6.49 per lineal ft.
- Premium Manufacturing: To ensure you get the best stone veneer, Mountain View Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Enduring Appearance: Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application Options: Suitable for interior and exterior installations, you can put stone veneer everywhere from the outside of your house to your living room.
- No Sweat Installation: Grooves raked onto the back of every stone to provide a sure grip to the wall and a quick installation.
- Post-Purchase Support: Backed by a 50 year limited warranty, an excellent long-term investment for your home.
- American Made: High quality stone veneer siding made in the USA.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. This product is made of Portland cement and we recommend installing using a Type S mortar.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What do you recommend for an adhesive for the rock going on exterior block work of house? What would you recommend for interior install over rock board on fireplace?
For the surface prep, which is the most important step, a wire lathe is not required over concrete block if the block has not been painted or sealed. A good cleaning and you can apply the scratch coat directly over the block and then the stone over the scratch coat. We recommend our stone veneer and brick veneer be installed with Type S mortar. Mortar is recommended for installation opposed to adhesive as mortar is cheaper then adhesive, and when installing with an adhesive you have to hold the stone in place until the adhesive sets which really slows down installation time, where as mortar instantly holds. The installation instructions can be downloaded at https://mountainviewstone.net/pages/post-purchase-support. Please let us know if you have any more questions.