Here are some answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get about Mountain View Stone and our stone veneer and brick veneer. Have additional questions? Please feel free to ask in the comments!
UPDATED: JULY 7, 2022
1. Is your stone veneer and brick veneer real or manufactured (man-made)? Our stone veneer is man-made of Portland cement. Mountain View Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control. Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see our installation and maintenance documents for more information, available here).
2. Is Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer individual stones or stone panels? Our ready stack profile is a mini panel system and is installed in sections at a time. Each ready stack panel has multiple stones on each panel face. To achieve the desired finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the panels in the correct pattern and install each panel one at a time. The rest of our stone veneer and brick veneer profiles are individual stones. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. To achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time.
3. What is Mountain View Stone made of? Mountain View Stone is manufactured stone veneer and brick veneer made from Portland cement and iron oxide pigments for coloration. Portland cement keeps Mountain View Stone lightweight compared to natural stone and real brick siding.
4. Is there a difference between architectural stone, cultured stone, and manufactured stone veneer? No, most stone veneer and brick veneer which are derived from molds and are made to look like natural stone siding or real brick siding are often referred to by any and all of these names.
5. Can I see your stone veneer and brick veneer before I purchase? When it comes to your home renovation or building project, we know and appreciate how important it is to choose the right product. While we do our best to offer high quality images of all of our products, sometimes you need more than just images, which is why we now offer samples of all of our brick veneer and stone veneer! Our samples, on average cover a 6"x6" area and are actual product. Our samples allow you to see and touch the product and get a good understanding of weight, thickness, color and color variation, etc. We encourage all of our customers to test our samples to ensure they meet your standards and expectations, and of course if you have any questions please let us know, we are more than happy to help you! And as an added bonus when you purchase Mountain View Stone samples we cover the shipping (applies to the continental USA. For orders shipping to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico please contact us for shipping rates.).
6. I am looking for inspiration, do you have an image gallery? We have several images on our website, however, you can see all of our images on our Pinterest gallery or our Facebook page. Also be sure to check out our customer reviews & testimonials page.
7. Can I purchase Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer in store? Unfortunately, we do not sell through local distributors only via our website, however, a selection of our best-selling designs are available at Houzz.com.
8. Where are you located? Our production facility is in Fair Play, South Carolina which is in the upstate of South Carolina, but we ship orders all over the country. Read all about us.
9. How do I know how much stone veneer to order? The easiest way to determine the square footage of stone veneer flats you will need is to measure the length and to measure the height of area you will be installing our stone veneer on and multiply them together to get the total square footage of stone veneer flats needed for your project. Corners are not required but they offer a professional finish by wrapping perfectly around a 90 degree outside corner. If you decide to use corners you will need to calculate the lineal feet required by simply measuring the height of all outside corners. Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you estimate the number of corners and flats you will need to complete your project.
10. Do you have a minimum order amount? We do have a minimum order. Our field stone, hackett stone, ledge stone, lime stone, and stack stone profiles are 50 square feet minimums (5x 10 square foot boxes). Our ready stack mini panel system is a minimum of 5 square feet (6 x 9 square foot boxes). Our brick veneer is also a minimum of 50 square feet (2x 25 square foot boxes).
11. How much does your stone veneer weigh? Each 10 square foot box weighs roughly 80-90lbs and corners weigh roughly 70-80lbs per box. Each 150 square foot box weighs about 1450lbs.
12. How does shipping work? The delivery truck will have a liftgate and pallet jack to unload your order, no loading dock required, but it is a lot easier to unload and move around with a forklift, if available on site. For further information please see our full terms of service and our full shipping policy.
13. How much does shipping cost? Our website has a built-in freight calculator, simply add products to your cart, add your delivery address, and you will be provided with shipping options including shipping costs as well as estimated delivery times. Shipping costs will vary depending on the amount of stone veneer you purchase and where the product is being shipped to. Please note that the estimated delivery times do not include production times as our items are made to order.
14. What is the lead time for my order to ship? The majority of Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer are made to order; however, we do maintain inventory on some of our better selling items. Currently our production lead time is around four - five weeks so it is very important to plan your project with that production time frame in mind. Additionally, depending on where you are located it can take several days for our shipping partners to deliver your order. After placing your order, you will receive an email from us with an estimated ready to ship date after your order is processed. Once your order ships you will receive another email with your order tracking information. For further information please see our full terms of service and our full shipping policy.
15. What is the warranty on your stone veneer and brick veneer? Warranty is for a period of 50 years covering manufacturing defects as long as it is used on structures conforming to local building codes and installed according to the manufacturer’s written instructions. Damages resulting from wall movement, settlement of the structure, staining, oxidation, paint or contact with chemicals will not be covered under this warranty. Warranty coverage is limited to replacement of defective materials only; labor cost will not be covered. Manufacturer’s warranty must be validated with original paperwork. For full warranty details or to download a PDF copy please click here.
16. How do I install Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer? Glad you asked, and it is a bit of a lengthy answer. Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer are designed for a range of skill levels from the do-it-yourself enthusiast to the professional contractor. For full installation details or to download a PDF copy please click here.
17. Can I blend different stone veneer profiles together? Multiple stone veneer styles can be blended to create a custom appearance. Varying the percentage of each profile creates drastically different looks, which enables further refinement of the style you are trying to achieve. Typically blends of smaller and larger stone profiles are 80% smaller profile (ledge stone or stack stone) and 20% larger profile (field stone, lime stone or hackett stone). It is also possible to blend two of the smaller profiles (stack stone and ledge stone) but we recommend a 50% stack stone and 50% ledge stone blend when combining these two profiles compared to the 80/20 blend. These percentages are 100% customizable. Multiple colors can also be combined together in varying percentages to achieve the custom appearance you desire. Please see our design center and our stone blends page for more information.
18. How do I clean Mountain View Stone brick veneer and stone veneer? Use a non-etching concrete cleaner to remove clay, dirt, mortar residue, or other stains on stone. A pressure washer may be used to clean stone as long as it does not exceed 3000 psi, a yellow tip (wide fan) is used, and a minimum distance of 18” is kept back from the stone. We recommend that after stone and mortar is fully cured, has been cleaned and is dry, apply our water-based concrete sealer to help repel the elements and keep stone clean. NEVER USE A WIRE BRUSH OR ACID TO CLEAN STONE. For full care and maintenance details or to download a PDF copy please click here.
19. What is your return policy? We will gladly accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Fulfillment mistakes that we make resulting in the shipment of incorrect product to you will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase. For further information please see our full terms of service and our full refund policy.
20. I have more questions; can I contact Mountain View Stone? For general information and questions please call: (864)882-8960 Mon. - Fri. 8am - 5pm (EST) or email: email@example.com we are more than happy to help you. Or you can submit your questions via our website here.