Field Stone - Mossy Creek
Mountain View Stone field stone mossy creek is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Mountain View Stone field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
Stone Flat Dimensions and Prices:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
$4.59 per square foot for 150 square foot bulk crate
$4.99 per square foot for 10 square foot box
Corner Dimensions and Prices:
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
$6.99 per lineal foot for corners
- Premium Manufacturing: To ensure you get the best stone veneer, Mountain View Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Enduring Appearance: Made with Color Lock Technology, the face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- American Made: High quality stone veneer, made in the USA.
- Application Options: Suitable for interior and exterior installations, and residential or commercial applications. You can install stone veneer everywhere from the outside of your house to your living room.
- Try Before You Buy: Samples are available on all of our stone veneer products.
- No Sweat Installation: Grooves are raked onto the back of every stone to provide a sure grip to the wall and a quick installation.
- Post-Purchase Support: Backed by a 50 year limited warranty, an excellent long-term investment for your home or business.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. Mountain View Stone field stone veneer is made of Portland cement and we recommend installing using a Type S mortar.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Can the stone be placed at ground level, or do you have to hold it off the ground so far for moisture?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our stone should not be installed below ground level. We recommend installing just above grade and then using some ground cover to hide that open space. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Not sure why site would not accept advertised “ShippingDiscount” code for $100 off purchase over $1,000?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. We apologize for any confusion with the ShippingDiscount coupon code. You must purchase $1,000 of product (not including shipping costs) to use the ShippingDiscount coupon code. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
What is the approximate weight per square foot? I am considering replacing wood lap siding on a chimney. Guessing around 50 square foot.
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our stone veneer weighs roughly 8lbs per square foot. The easiest way to determine the square footage of stone veneer flats you will need is to measure the length and to measure the height of area you will be installing our stone veneer on and multiply them together to get the total square footage of stone veneer flats needed for your project. Corners are not required but they offer a professional finish by wrapping perfectly around a 90 degree outside corner. If you decide to use corners you will need to calculate the lineal feet required by simply measuring the height of all outside corners. Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your project at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you estimate the number of corners and flats you will need to complete your project. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Are there green rocks or hints of green on the other rocks?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our mossy creek has a green color in the pattern, but it is an olive green that blends well with the other colors to give a very natural look. Please let us know if you have any more questions.