Field Stone - Mossy Creek
Mountain View Stone field stone mossy creek is a classic natural stone profile. The authentic rugged character captured in this pattern is truly remarkable. The timeless shapes and textures of field stone are reminiscent of stones found on farms across the country. Field stone is also known as random rock and is commonly combined with other patterns such as ledge stone to create an old-style rustic look. Field stone is a stone veneer product measuring 1" to 2" thick and therefore thinner than traditional stone siding for easier, lighter handling. All our manufactured stone veneer products are suitable for interior applications such as stone accent walls or stone fireplaces as well as exterior applications such as stone veneer siding. Mountain View Stone field stone is available in boxes of 10 square foot flats, boxes of 6 lineal foot matching corners, and 150 square foot bulk crates.
- American made: high quality stone veneer, made in the USA.
- Premium manufacturing: to ensure you get the best stone veneer, Mountain View Stone strictly monitors every step of the production process for quality control.
- Color Lock technology: the stone face color has bonding agents in it to help protect against fading from harsh environmental conditions, cleaners, and even pressure washing (see installation and maintenance documents for more information).
- Application options: suitable for interior and exterior installations, and residential or commercial applications.
- Try before you buy: samples are available on all of our stone veneer products.
- Strong hold grip: grooves are raked onto the back of every stone ensuring a durable, lasting installation.
- Engineered to endure: stone veneer manufactured to last, we back it up with our 50 year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- Commercially rated: no job is too big or too small, our stone veneer is great for any and all commercial and business properties.
- Reviews from real customers: don't take our word for it, see what our customers have to say about Mountain View Stone.
Samples are available on all of our field stone veneer products.
Stone flat dimensions:
Length: 5.5" to 14"
Height: 5.5" to 14"
Thickness: 1" to 2"
Short side: 3" to 4"
Long side: 10" to 12"
Height: varies to match stone style
Mountain View Stone field stone is produced by combining Portland cement, lightweight aggregate, and iron oxide mineral colors.
Field stone is an individual stone product and is installed piece by piece. The individual stones will vary in size, shape, and thickness. In order to achieve the desired natural stone finish as shown in our images it is up to the installer to arrange the individual stones in the correct pattern and install each stone one at a time. For more information on installation, please see our full installation instructions. Have a question about installation? Contact us
Have a question ? Contact us
Questions & AnswersAsk a question
Can the stone be placed at ground level, or do you have to hold it off the ground so far for moisture?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our stone should not be installed below ground level. We recommend installing just above grade and then using some ground cover to hide the open space. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
What is the approximate weight per square foot? I am considering replacing wood lap siding on a chimney. Guessing around 50 square foot.
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our stone veneer weighs roughly 8lbs per square foot. The easiest way to determine the square footage of stone veneer flats you will need is to measure the length and to measure the height of area you will be installing our stone veneer on and multiply them together to get the total square footage of stone veneer flats needed for your project. Corners are not required but they offer a professional finish by wrapping perfectly around a 90 degree outside corner. If you decide to use corners you will need to calculate the lineal feet required by simply measuring the height of all outside corners. On each product page there is a drop-down box titled size (to the right of the main product image), corners are listed as an option in the drop-down box. Please feel free to email us the dimensions of your project at email@example.com and we can help you estimate the number of corners and flats you will need to complete your project. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Not sure why site would not accept advertised “ShippingDiscount” code for $100 off purchase over $1,000?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. We apologize for any confusion with the “ShippingDiscount” coupon code. You must purchase $1,000 of product (not including shipping costs) to use the “ShippingDiscount” coupon code. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Are there green rocks or hints of green on the other rocks?
Thank you for your question and interest in our stone veneer. Our mossy creek has a green color in the pattern, but it is an olive green that blends well with the other colors to give a very natural look. Please let us know if you have any more questions.